6/28/10

Letter #41

hey you all. how ya doin. Things are good here. Brother Collettes funeral was on Thursday. The spirit does amazing things cuz I sang in the funeral. My comp and I sang "I stand all amazed" ocapella!!! Yeah I couldn't believe my ears when I said I'd do it. This sister sure don't sing. But I thought Brother Collette is one guy I would do it for. haha.. I think it sounded good. I won't ever sing in sacrament again though. The funeral was amazing. We had our ward mission leader speak and he centered it around the gospel. All of Brother Collettes family aren't member except him and his wife. We got some referreals too after the funeral. The gospel works wonders.
So how are the children? I don't hear from them. I know you can count the number of months I will be home on one hand, but no excueses. just kidding... I am doin good though. I soft commit everyone I meet and see for baptism. That is pretty cool. You really find out the ones that are seeking.. Sometimes when I say "As you come to know the truth of our message you will have a desire to be baptized...." people go.. "Well I already done did been baptized"........... lol... then I explain authority.. and then they were like... Ohhhh... It is a good sifting tooL to find those who are thee elect. I said it to one lady and she was like "OH I"M SCARED OF WATER".. haha. It was funny.
Taylor is still takin the lessons.. She is so awesome.. I love her. and then Haylee came to church yesterday she is 16. Just like alvin.
I was wonderin if all y'all could bare your testimonies and write them to Taylor. She would just LOVE THEm.. Maybe at family home evenin or somethin??????? and then send a picture of u guys.. If you thik you can handle writin a letter or 2.
I had a real neat experience on saturday. I read that thing dad that you sent me about Andrew Horner and baptizin people from wally world.. It really made me think about listenin to the spirit when I see people.. So Saturday we went to this Wedding of a family member in our ward (Sister Crowe).. and I saw this lady with a yellow dress and I felt this huge prompting to go talk to her. I got this impression. "She is the one"... SO of course I went and sat by her and started talk to her. She is Sister Crowe's sister. I started to be her friend and she started to tell me that she always loved Mormon people. lol.. I then was like well have you ever heard or been to our church???? She was like no, but my sister is a mormon (Sister Crowe).... She then started to tell me that she has had cancer and realy big health problems and she knows that she won't be here much longer and is worried she won't see her son in heaven. She started to cry. I then started to tell her about the plan of salvation and that everything that is unfair about life is made right through the atonement of Jesus Christ and that through the gospel she will see her son again and she shouldn't worry. She then had this light in her eyes and I told my companion to go get my purse and I gave her a plan of salvation pamphlet and told her to read and pray about it and then to call us. She was really worried at first cuz her husban is a penocostal preacher and realy abusive towards her. I told her it would be okay. I gave her a hug and left.
Yesterdy at church Sister Crowe comes up to me and says "I need to talk to you concerning the conversation you had with my sister yesterday" ... I thought to myself.. OH GOSH WHAT DID I Say WRONG THIS TIME.. I felt really bad cuz I thought I scared her or somethin.......Sister Crowe was then like ....."NO I want to give you a hug and thank you for takin to my sister yesterday. I have tried and tried for 20 years to get her into the church and to take discussions.. but she never was willing. Since you talked to my sister she says she wants to come to church and she wants to meet with u sisters. She called me at 2 in the morning wanting to know more about this plan of salvation and her sons family is very interested in the church as well. I just want to thank you sister Furniss.. I will call you this week so we can set up a time where you and your companion can teach my sister and her family".....
I was just in shock! I thought oh my gosh.. If I wouldn't have listenend to the spirit tellin me to talk to this lady this would have never happened. It really made me realize that openin your mouth is somethin we MUST DO. I will keep ya updated on what happens next.
Yesterday we went to a baptist church (for sister yarringotn) and it was so weird. We had a guy come up to us after the service and say... "so you're interested in christianity.. there is no evidence of the B of M.. we have manuscripts for our new version bible to prove ours"... and then he wanted to bash about the book of mormon.. I then was like "ya know sir we disagree, but we don't come here to bash.. this isn't really worth our time .. " I then started to bare testimony of the b of m and tell him about it more.....I was in a bad Mood! ha ha.. I just am sick of people wantin to bash.. We as latter day saint to comdemn other religions or talk bad about people. sheesh
well I hope all is well.. Have a great week!
love
chelz

No comments: