Hey Family!!! I miss ya'll much. I love being able to be a representative
for the lord. It's such a great blessing and an honor...
Alright this week was full of hard work and dedication. We tracted a lot and we met some funny people. We are still teaching David. He is still tryin to stop the smokes. It's so hard!! He had a hard week. He told a little lie to us last week. and he felt so bad that he didn't even come to church. Yesterday we told us the lie and we just smiled and said it's okay David. I LOVE being able to make people smile and touch their lives. It's such a great feeling huh? I'm so grateful I'm in a church that has the fullness of the one true gospel here on earth. MY how we're so blessed. : ) Last tuesday we tracted this trailor park and I went up to a trailor and was getting ready to knock on the door and I saw this 300 pound man sitting on his couch NAKED!! AHh!!! Totally scarred me for life. I was in totally schock. His wife hurried and threw a blanket over him and she ran to the door. She had the blackest teeth I'd ever seen. She has been chewin tobacco and it was comin outa her mouth. We hurried and shared a card with her and left. haha
I play the piano sometimes like at district meetings and zone conferences. I lead a lot too. Like all the time. We have to be within sight or sound of our companion so it's kinda crazy! : )
We found 15 new investigators last week. I had to beg and beg my companion to let me teach more. She doesn't let me that often. I totally have learned to stand up for myself and be bold. Sometimes I look at myself and think.. DID I just sAY THA? Man I'm bold.... One thing I thought was interesting was David Craig the investiagtor we're
teachin told me he got outa Jail March 12th of tihs year. That is the same day I got my mission call!!! I just know that I got it on that day so I could teach David. He was prepared and we were able to find him and this exact time. It's crazy how Heavenly father has this plan for everything. I love it.
I just love this gospel so much. I am so grateful for prayer. I know wihtout a doubt that this is the true church and that Heavenly Father loves me so much. He knows what I need to suceed and to grow spiritually. That's such a great feeling. I know that through the atonement I'm able to overcome all my trials I have. I know that the things I'm goin through right now on my mission are nothing compared to what our savior went through. I am so BLESSEd! I can be with my family forever someday. I am so grateful for the pLan of Salvation that allows it. Everyday peoeple tell us missionaries that the they don't believe in the book of mormon. I just think well you wouldn't know because you have never read it and prayed about it. Then we invite them
to and it's so wonderful.
Hey mom if you're in SLC and you find some cute shirts (without a collar... no more of those pUHLEASE)... you could send them down to TN. : ).. There is no where to go shopping here. Also if ya wanna send some more panti hoes and maybe some bug spray or somethin. HAHAHA.. Love ya mom..
I love you all so much family. You have no idea how much I am grateful for you all. I hope you all have a great week and keep smiling cuz life is good.:)
Luv,
Sister Furniss
9 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment