5/26/09

Letter #2

Sister Furniss wrote:

"Hey yall~~~!!! Today is P day and every monday I check my email once a day for 30 mins.. So really if you want me me to reply... WRITE ME A LETTER.. he he... cuz man I am really tryin to type fast here.. i think once I get out in the fiel I'll have like an hour to email.. but for right now I only have 30 mins... So really just write me cuz I am gonna probably just hand write lots of letters today.....
So we woke up really early today to go to the temple and we walked up to the temple and it was CLOSED for memorial day.. what a bummer... So then we got our P day clothes on and walked straight to the comp lab... I LOVE EMAIL DAY!!! and lots of letters.. hint hint....
Man what a great week it has been.... My roomy the Sister Barton (the one from virginia).. she was like Sister Furniss I have to know.. why are you always so happy??? Do you ever get sad???? and then she was like cuz this is the hardest thing I've ever done..... This is what i told her..
" Well ya know I haven't really been sad here.. I have just had the spirit so strongly and I have felt a lot of peace like this is SOOO the right thing to do.. I think that my faith has increased tremendously.. Thats why I have been doing alright here.... and its true.. like I have to rely on the Lord a lot or else I'll be a wreck.
There have been a lot of times that like even Elders have had emotional break downs in class and just start crying histerically.. I'm like whoa.. poor elders!! My roomies have had their moments too .. of just crying all the sudden.... I'm like whoa.. Why AM I SO HAPPY??? I have never had the urge to just break down and cry... i'm so grateful for that.. I GOT FAITH!! haha
We haven't really had any apostles come.. Yesterday we had Sister bEck speak to the RS and then we had this newly called general authority Elder Newshandwer.. or somethin like that.. That was pretty sweet... My favorite day is probably sunday cuz you get to just relax and listen and learn all these amazing things..
Yeah so the Elders do fart a lot.. I always get the question.."why are you on a mission".... or sometimes their like "So sister furniss do u got a boyfriend"??? I"m like umm NO.. haha.... This black guy in my class asks me that everyday.. its pretty funny.....
I will send pics of my BFF here at the MTC.. Sister Barton.. She is so HOOT!!!! I seriously can't sleep at night cuz I'm laughing so hard at her.... She will all the sudden break out the singing of Sister Act.. and I'm like WAHAHAHA.. I'll send pics this week....
MAn I LOVE being a missionary SOSOSOSOS MUCHO!!! Like seriously there is like a fire up my butt and I am like talking all the time.. i don't
know why.. Like yesterday they asked for anybody to bear their testomony and
I like jumped right up and bore my testimony on faith and how the lord knew my desire of my heart to serve a mission and its through faith that I got through my thyroid surgery.. Then I sat down and I was like WHOAAA did I just DO THA??? hahaha.. like seriously the spirit is so strong here.. I love it
I have never studied so hard in my whole entire life and I have never wanted to know and learn so hard ever before.. I mean i thought I studied in colelge... but HERE I study so much more and I'm learning sososo much.. I am really working on being able to just speak with conviction from my heart when I teach.. NO NOTES FOR ME!! I just wanna be able to get up there with confidence and speak with the spirit and from my heart.. My teacher is really good at that and I'm working so hard at that.. .I think
i'ts comin along pretty welll though...
Man I can' tell you how happy I am to be able to be a missionary.. It is the absoulte greatest feeling in the whole entire world.. Like i think man I can't go home now.. I got so much work to do!!! My testimony is gonna be shootin through the roof by the time I'm done wit my mission..
I leave June 2nd.. and I fly into georgia and then I'm fly to knoxville with 3 other elders..So pray for me that day!! I't gonnaa be so scarey.. and really hard to leave my sister barton... but i got so much faith.. Sister barton is always like.. "and it came to pass that nephi said... what it do" HAHAHA she is like a gansta.. so funny.. Well I best be off and do some laundry and letter writing..
I love you all sososo much!! my heart aches for u all!! but then I go through all these spiritual experiences and im so close to the lord.. that it all evens out and I don't worry at all... being a missionary is the greatest blessing in my life right now.. and I am going to be the best person I can be and serve the lord with everything that I have!!! I hope you're havin fun at the cabin!!
PS - can you send me those family pics we took at the gardens?? I wanna
show my family here! hahaha....

LUV YOU ALL!!

PS... wirite me a letter sometimes.. cuz my hands are gonna fall off typin..
HAHAHA..


LUV YA!! MWAH!!"

No comments: