Hayyy! I can't tell you how excited I am for this upcoming year 2009! I have made some major goals and I am so happy. Through a lot of prayer and building of faith I have decided that I want to serve a mission. O BABY!!!! A mission has always been in the back of my mind since the day I turned 21 years old. I didn't know why it always was in my head because I never thought I would EVER want to go on a mission. After awhile I started having little experiences that totally caught me way off guard. I thought in my head, "WHAT is goin on here?" I have to tell you that I know that heavenly father loves me so much and it's through the love I feel from him that I want to go out and serve other people.
Ok... so I have to tell you a couple of stories that has happened that has just been a total testifier that CHELTZY should go on a mission. Awhile after I turned 21 I started having these dreams of me out on a mission. It wasn't like this big awakening thing, but I would dream that I was walking out on streets talking to people with my missionary tag on! ha ha. It was kind of funny. It wasn't until I moved to Utah and started teaching Health and Aerobics, that heavenly father started to pound a mission in my head. I started teaching, and the love I felt for my students was indescribable. I started thinking about ALL of them every single day and night thinking of ways and different things I could do to help them. Not necessarily in health, but anything I could do to help those students that I knew were struggling. Whether it was just a smile, or comment, or even just talking to them. I was INSPIRED to do something to help those in need. I loved it. All I wanted to do was keep helping them and being a good example to them. I can testify that it is through being a good example to those students that I was able to accomplish my goals. EVERY single day I got a question about the church. I always was asked why I dress the way I do. I also got a lot of questions if I did drugs or not. I just tried to be really chill and tell them I didn't do those things. I know that I gained a lot of respect from those high school kids and it was because I let my standards shine through. Another big thing that happened to me that has been a huge testifier is that I constantly thought about a mission every single day. It would just pop into my head like BAM go on a mission.
I now have the opportunity to act upon it and make this great decision. I can't tell you how much I LOVE helping people and serving them. It is what makes me happy, it is what I am here on this earth to do. I feel in my heart that I am suppose to go out into the mission field because someone is out there waiting for me to help them become closer to this one and only true gospel. Oh I am so excited. : )

No comments:
Post a Comment