11/23/08

Student teacher babY!



 ~So I have been in Utah the last couple of months doing my student teaching and I LOVED EVERY MINUTE! It was the awesomest experience ever (is that even a word). It was totally worth it and I miss my students that I had SOO much! I was able to teach 4 classes of Health and 1 class of aerobics. My major is Health and my minor is Physical Education. Who couldn't ask for a better MAJOR? You just play all day long and learn about things that could help benefit you throughout your life. Health is the most important class of them all! (wink wink)..  I had the opportunity to teach in West Valley, Utah at a high school called Hunter High. I have to tell you that the first day of school of the scariest day of my life. Not only because I was a new student teacher, but the high school was huge and it was a total culture shock. The students were pretty rough. It wasn't like the high school that I went to. There were a lot of different cultures like hispanic, Polynesian, mexican, native american! It was awesome! I was definitely not used to that at all. I come from this little town of 3,000 PEOPLE and we are all white . I had about 50 kids in each class and by the end at least I had about 35. I think a lot of kids just didn't come or dropped out. Which is totally sad. I also did a lot of crazy things while I was teaching such as;~

#1 I had to learn to scream and yell. I'm TOTALLY NOT that kind of person. But these kids were pretty rough and I had to stand my ground RIGHT? : ) 

# 2 I chaperoned the HOMECOMING DANCE! I don't know why they asked a little student teacher, but I did it gladly! I told my students that if they didn't come say hi to me then I would be totally upset. So every single student that was in one of my health classes that went to the dance came over and talked to me. IT totally made my day. I even wore a formal and everything I know lame righT?? ha ha It was a blast! 

# 3 I may of had a couple little sophomore boyfriends.. HA hA.. but nothing happened aLriGHT? : ) I think that when kids that age get a teacher who looks like they are 18 and aren't saggy and gray they LOVE IT! They will do anything to get your attention.. and I mean ANYTHING. . . . . . . 

#4 I went to a couple of AWESOME football games! I love sports! I always saw all my little students and I caught a couple students mackin out at the game. EW.. The football team did the HAKA after each game that they won and that was freaking awesome, since I only saw like 5 white kids on the whole football team!  GO HUNTER! WOOT!

#5 I know this isn't funny or awesome or anything, but I felt proud. ha ha. ANYWAY.. One day I was walking into the school from my car and I saw all the principal and assistant principals and some of the teachers all walking around the school looking for something. One of them told me they were looking for a student who was lost from the special education department. They told me that one of the cute little down syndrome boys got lost on the way back from the lunchroom. So everyone was frantically looking for him and he was no where to be seen. SO little student teacher to the rescue (me) goes back to her classroom and on the way I stop at the bathroom to wash my hands and I hear this guy in one of the stalls (in the girls bathroom). I was kind of freaked out for a minute because I didn't know why a GUY would be in the girls bathroom. I then heard him crying and I knew that it must be the lost little boy they were looking for! So I knocked on the stall and asked him if he was alright and he didn't answer me. (i think i scared him) So I ran out and got the principal and told him I found the lost boy! I didn't feel cool or anything (ok maybe I did a little).. But I was so happy he was found! Yay!

#6 Ok one more last things. So my students all the sudden thought they would call me FURNIZZLE (hence the blog name). Which was pretty freakin hilarious because my friends totally call me that as well. haha So basically I LOVED student teaching and my students didn't want me to leave and I didn't want to leave. But life goes on right? I will probably never see those thugs again, but I will always love them all! Watch out world here comes Ms Furnizzle! haha jk

No comments: